Through the Grantee Partnership Program, the MMGMF partners with community not-for-profit organizations that share its mission of helping upstate New York families with medical, emergency, and other expenses during their fight against cancer. Since it its inception in mid-2018, the Grantee Partnership Program has supported more than a dozen Rochester-area women and their families in their fight against cancer with more than $30,000 in direct financial support.
The MMGMF Board carefully selects grant recipients following a thorough, months-long vetting process and stays in regular communication with recipient organizations about the individuals whom the grants are supporting. Past recipients include Embrace Your Sisters [link to https://www.embraceyoursisters.org/], Sustain Inspire Survive [link to http://helpsis.com/], the Pluta Cancer Center Foundation [link to https://plutacancerfoundation.org/], and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation [link to http://www.bcrf.org]. The Grantee Partnership Program is a win-win: by supporting well-established organizations with a proven track record of providing financial assistance and support to deserving local families, we are able to have the maximum impact on these families, right away.
In 2018, as a result of our Grantee Partnership award, we partnered with the Pluta Cancer Center Foundation to establish "Martha's Fund," a dedicated fund in Martha's honor which provides financial support for breast cancer patients who require the services of Pluta Cancer Center's Integrative Oncology Unit.
If you would like to nominate a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization serving upstate New York women affected by cancer, please contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Grantee Partnership Program Recipients
2018-19 recipients of grants awarded by our partner organizations include:
- Support in the form of two months’ rent to a single mother of a toddler on the east side of Monroe County.
- Assistance with two months' rent to a single mother with three children who resides in the city of Rochester and recently lost her job after surgery while undergoing treatment.
- Support in the form of two months’ rent to a single mother of two from the east side of Monroe County who was forced to stop working her two jobs and go on disability after surgery while undergoing treatment ,
- Assistance with two months' rent (including arrears) and gas & electric bill to a single mother of five who resides in the city of Rochester and had recently exhausted her disability leave from her job at a local hospital due to treatment.
- Support to enroll in numerous programs in Pluta's Integrative Oncology and Wellness Center—including massage, meditation, yoga, and the LIVESTRONG exercise program—to a single mother with stage IV breast cancer who resides in the city of Rochester.
- Assistance with transportation to/from medical appointments and services at Pluta's Integrative Oncology and Wellness Center to a single mother with breast cancer being treated at Pluta Cancer Center.
- Grant awards to numerous other Rochester-area mothers of young children who are battling breast cancer.
- Grant to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s Founder's Fund for Metastatic Breast Cancer Research.